When purchasing prepaid return shipping labels, you may want to email the labels to your customers. ShippingEasy has you covered!
By default, ShippingEasy has the option to "Send a return shipping email to the buyer with the shipping label attached" automatically selected in the store settings. You can set up individual preferences for each store integrated with your ShippingEasy account. Even customize the email message and customer reply address.
When sending prepaid return labels, keep in mind:
- Customers can only receive an email confirmation if an email address is included in their order details. Prepaid return labels will not physically print when the option to automatically send return shipment notifications has been enabled.
- Only prepaid return shipping labels may be emailed automatically from ShippingEasy.
- When return shipment email confirmations are turned on for any given store, prepaid return shipping labels that include email addresses, will not automatically print. The labels may be reprinted from the SHIPMENT HISTORY print actions menu.
To configure a store to automatically send prepaid return shipment confirmation emails to your customers follow these steps.
Automatically Send a Prepaid Return Label to Customers
Go to SETTINGS from anywhere in your account
Click on the STORES & ORDERS section under INTEGRATION.
This will bring up a screen that displays all of the stores that you have integrated into ShippingEasy's app. Within each store's section, you will see a link, Edit Store Settings. Locate this link for the store that you would like to set up prepaid return shipment email confirmations and then click on it.
Click on the Notifications tab and scroll down to the "Return email settings" section.
Check the box next by Send Buyer Return Shipping Email.
- From the Select Return Shipping Email Template menu, choose the email template you would like to use. ShippingEasy has a default available - see how it looks. You can also opt to create a customized return shipment confirmation email - learn how to create a custom email template.
- If you would like to receive a copy of the return shipment confirmation emails to your inbox, scroll to the Email Reply-to and BCC settings section and specify an email address in the Send Copy of Buyer Emails to field.
- To receive your customers' email inquiries about their purchases, specify an email address in the Buyer Email Reply-To field.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save the changes.
Now that your prepaid return shipment confirmation email has been configured, your future prepaid return shipping label purchases will be accompanied by an email sent directly to your customers.
If you have previously purchased prepaid return shipping labels that you would like to email to your customers, you can resend the email from the SHIPMENT HISTORY page. Learn how to resend email notifications.