This guide details the steps to install ConnectEasy on a Mac. If you are interested in installing ConnectEasy on a Windows PC, please reference our Windows installation guide.
ConnectEasy is a versatile app that interfaces with ShippingEasy to integrate your hardware, such as your scale and printer. Learn more about ConnectEasy.
Before you start printing, be sure to adjust your label settings to specify the label size and format.
ConnectEasy requires Mac OS X v10.8 or higher
Follow these steps to install the latest version of ConnectEasy for Mac.
- Go to the SETTINGS in the navigation bar.
- Click CONNECTEASY under DEVICES AND HARDWARE.
- Select Set Up ConnectEasy.
- Select Download for Mac.
- If a previous version of ConnectEasy is already running on your Mac, you need to shut it down before proceeding.
You will see an icon for ConnectEasy in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Click the icon with your mouse and select Quit from the drop-down menu.
- After ConnectEasy downloads, locate the downloaded file.
Usually, this will be in your "Downloads" folder.
- Double-click the ConnectEasy.dmg file to open it.
- The dmg file will open to display several items.
- Drag the ConnectEasy item to the Applications folder. If asked to replace an existing version, click yes.
- Close the ConnectEasy folder, then right-click on the drive and Eject the ConnectEasy drive.
- Open your Applications folder and double-click the icon for ConnectEasy.
- Click the Open button.
- The ConnectEasy sign-in window will open. If you do not see it, minimize all other windows on your Mac until the pop-up is displayed.
- Go back to the ConnectEasy page in ShippingEasy and copy the ConnectEasy Identifier and Passphrase by clicking the paper icon button to the far right.
- Paste the Identifier and Passphrase into the ConnectEasy sign-in window.
- Click the Sign In button.
How do I check if ConnectEasy is running?
You should see a small icon (black circle with paper icon) in the top right of your menu bar.
To quit ConnectEasy, click on the icon and choose "Quit" from the drop-down menu.
To restart ConnectEasy, navigate to your Applications folder and double left-click on ConnectEasy, or use the Spotlight search tool in your menu bar to search for and open ConnectEasy.