This guide details installing ConnectEasy on a Windows PC. If you are interested in installing ConnectEasy on a Mac, please reference our Mac installation guide.
ConnectEasy is a versatile app that interfaces with ShippingEasy to integrate your hardware, such as your scale and printer. Learn more about ConnectEasy.
If you already have ConnectEasy installed and would like the latest version, you will need to uninstall the program from your computer first, before installing the newest version. Learn more about uninstalling ConnectEasy on Windows.
Follow these steps to install the latest version of ConnectEasy:
- From the blue menu bar, navigate to the SETTINGS tab.
- Under HARDWARE & DEVICES, click on CONNECTEASY.
- Select Download for Windows.
- After the installer downloads to your computer, locate and open the ConnectEasy.exe installer. The exact download location will vary depending on your browser - the example shown below is at the bottom of the Chrome browser.
NOTE: if your browser does not display the file after downloading it, check the "Downloads" folder on your computer.
- Click the Run button when prompted.
- If this is the first time you've installed ConnectEasy, please proceed to Step 8.
- If an installed version of ConnectEasy is detected on your computer, you will be prompted to shut it down and remove it.
Click Yes to close/shut down a currently running instance of ConnectEasy.
Then click Next to remove the installed version of ConnectEasy.
And then click Finish.
Restart the downloaded ConnectEasy.exe installer, to install ConnectEasy using the steps below.
- Click Next when prompted to install ConnectEasy.
- Accept the agreement and then click Next.
- Close all other applications, then click Next.
- Select a location for the program's shortcut icons, or use the default location (recommended) and click Next.
- Select additional ConnectEasy icons if needed, then click Next.
- Click the Install button when prompted.
- Make sure the check box to "Launch ConnectEasy" is checked and click the Finish button to complete the installation and enter your ConnectEasy credentials.
- On the Welcome screen you must enter the ConnectEasy Identifier and Pass Phrase. This allows ConnectEasy to receive print jobs from your ShippingEasy account.
NOTE: if the ConnectEasy Welcome screen does not automatically appear, manually open ConnectEasy by navigating to the Start menu > All Programs > ConnectEasy > ConnectEasy.exe.
- Locate your ConnectEasy credentials in ShippingEasy by navigating to SETTINGS >> CONNECTEASY.
TIP: if your credentials are not accepted, copy and paste to a notepad document first, and then copy each credential, taking care to only select the characters (no spaces) and paste into the Welcome screen.
- Once the credentials have been entered, click Sign In and you're done!