This guide details installing ConnectEasy on a Windows PC. If you are interested in installing ConnectEasy on a Mac, please reference our Mac installation guide.
ConnectEasy is a versatile app that interfaces with ShippingEasy to integrate your hardware, such as your scale and printer. Learn more about ConnectEasy.
If you already have ConnectEasy installed and would like the latest version, you will need to uninstall the program from your computer first, before installing the newest version. Learn more about uninstalling ConnectEasy on Windows.
Follow these steps to install the latest version of ConnectEasy:
- From the blue menu bar, navigate to the SETTINGS tab.
- Under HARDWARE & DEVICES, click on CONNECTEASY.
- If you have not yet added ConnectEasy to your account, select Set Up ConnectEasy.
- Select Download for Windows.
- After the installer downloads to your computer, locate and open the ConnectEasy.exe installer. The exact download location will vary depending on your browser - the example shown below is at the bottom of the Chrome browser.
NOTE: if your browser does not display the file after downloading it, check the "Downloads" folder on your computer.
- Click the Run button when prompted.
- If an installed version of ConnectEasy is detected on your computer, you will be prompted to shut it down and remove it.
Click Yes to close/shut down a currently running instance of ConnectEasy.
- Accept the agreement and then click Next.
- Select a destination location for the program by selecting browse, or use the default location (recommended) and click Next.
- Select a location for the program's shortcut icons, or use the default location (recommended) and click Next.
- Select Additional Tasks, if needed. Then click Next.
- Create a desktop shortcut: select if you wish to access ConnectEasy from your desktop. Keep in mind that it will be available from the Start menu, and also made available from the task bar.
- Install ConnectEasy as a Windows Service: option for those who are running server operating systems or computers where multiple people can be logged in simultaneously. If you are not sure about this option, consult with your system admin before selecting.
- Click the Install button when prompted.
- A progress bar will appear to let you know the installation process has begun.
- On the Welcome screen you must enter the ConnectEasy Identifier and Pass Phrase. This allows ConnectEasy to receive print jobs from your ShippingEasy account.
NOTE: if the ConnectEasy Welcome screen does not automatically appear, manually open ConnectEasy by navigating to the Start menu > All Programs > ConnectEasy > ConnectEasy.exe.
- Locate your ConnectEasy credentials in ShippingEasy by navigating to SETTINGS >> CONNECTEASY and select the paper icon button to the far right of the credential.
TIP: if your credentials are not accepted, copy and paste to a notepad document first, and then copy each credential, taking care to only select the characters (no spaces) and paste into the Welcome screen.
- Once the credentials have been entered, click Sign In and you're done!