When you cancel a label in ShippingEasy that was generated through Endicia, a refund is automatically requested. However, it can take 14 to 24 days to process the refund. Once approved, your refund(s) will be automatically deposited into your postage balance.
USPS requires 10 business days to process the postage refund on their end, as they need to ensure that the tracking number for the cancelled label doesn't subsequently show up in the mail stream. So, Endicia will wait 10 days to begin processing the refund. It then takes Endicia another 10-14 days to finalize the refund.
Depending on how closely you would like to manage your Endicia refunds, there are a few options:
To view an overall refund request history and the status of all refunds by month
- Go to the Endicia login page and proceed to log in with your account number and web password.
- Locate your Endicia account number and web password in your ShippingEasy account, on your Shipping Providers screen. Go to SETTINGS >> POSTAGE AND CARRIERS. Your account number will be readily visible. Click the blue text Show Passwords to view your web password. We recommend copying and pasting your password into Endicia's log in screen.
- "Form ID": Click this link to see a specific record of the refund, including the "Refund Status"
- "Date Created": The date that the label was created.
- "Form Status": Indicates if the refund request has been processed or not, does not reveal if the refund was approved.
- "Date Received": The date the refund request was received.
- "Date Processed": The date the refund request was processed.
- "Indicia Requested": Number of label refunds requests.
- "Amount Requested": The amount requested to be refunded.
- "Amount Validated": The amount that Endicia will consider for a refund.
- "Amount Refunded": The amount refunded.
- "Amount Pending": The amount still waiting to be refunded.
- "Requested By": Who requested the refund - this will typically say "User".
- "Processed Using": The system that submitted the request - this will typically say "Manual".
To confirm that a specific label has been refunded
- Within ShippingEasy, navigate to SHIPMENT HISTORY.
- From the left-hand sort options, select "Status", then "Cancelled".
- Note the "Tracking" and "Ship Date."
- Go to Endicia login page and proceed to log in with your account number and web password.
- Locate your Endicia account number and web password in you ShippingEasy account, on your Shipping Providers screen. Go to SETTINGS >> POSTAGE AND CARRIERS. Your account number will be readily visible. Click the blue text 'Show Passwords' to view your web password. I recommend copying and pasting your password into Endicia's log in screen.
- "Select Date Range": Endicia will only allow 1 week or 30 day queries. Select the range by referencing the "Ship Date" from ShippingEasy Shipment History.
- "Specify Tracking Number": Reference this from ShippingEasy Shipment History.
- Refund Request Status: This will show as Submitted, Refunded, or Denied.
- Estimated Date: This is an estimate of the date that the refund was approved and funds deposited to your postage balance.
To confirm that the cost of the label has been deposited back to your postage balance
- If the "Package Status" indicates that the shipping was Refunded, then go to My Account >> Reports >> Account Transactions.
- Set the search criteria:
- "Month": Endicia will only allow 1 month or 30 day queries. Select the "Month" by referencing the Estimated Date of the refund.
- "Show": Set to Postage Purchases.
- Submit your search criteria.
- Review the data:
- Credit Card Setting indicates a postage purchase within ShippingEasy.
- Postage Refund indicates a postage refund by Endicia.
- "Amount": reflects how much is added to your Postage Balance.
- "Balance": deposits are listed as oldest to newest, so with each deposit, the "Balance" will increase from the previous line.
- "Authorization Number": When viewing "Account Transactions" for an Endicia First Class account, an "Authorization Number" will also be shown for refunds which, when clicked, will link to a specific refund record.