ShippingEasy will be converting our USPS postage provider to Stamps.com beginning in February. During the conversion process, the information in this article will change.
- If your account has not been converted to a Stamps.com postage account, please please follow the steps under How do I know if I was charged for a failed label in Endicia? Learn more about our conversion process.
- If your account has been converted to a Stamps.com account, please follow the steps under How do I know if I was charged for a failed label in Stamps?
How do I know if I was charged for a failed label in Endicia?
When a label fails to generate, your Endicia postage balance should not be debited. However, if you have concerns that your Endicia postage balance has been debited, you can use the tools available in ShippingEasy and Endicia.com to verify if an erroneous charge was made.
- First, you'll need to find the following information for the order:
- Order number
- "Ship to" zip code + 4
- Windows: hold down CTRL + F at the same time.
- Mac: hold down Command + F at the same time.
If you find yourself with a tracking number and no label or record within ShippingEasy, you can request a refund for this label via Endicia.com.
- Navigate back to Endicia's website. Then go to Within Endicia, go to MY ACCOUNT >> TOOLS >> REQUEST A POSTAGE REFUND.
- Check Select refunds from transactions having: and enter the tracking number for the shipment without a record. Then select the Go! button.
- Endicia will walk you through a series of steps to verify and confirm that you would like to refund this postage. Once the electronic form has been submitted, you're done!
Endicia will process the refund within approximately 14 days.
How do I know if I was charged for a failed label in Stamps?
If you've been shipping for awhile, you know there are occasions when the shipping labels you print are never used. You may have an order cancelled after printing the label or customers that fail to use prepaid return labels.
Whatever the case, Stamps.com gives you 30 days from the date of purchase to request a refund for USPS postage purchased.
To locate labels that may be eligible for a refund, review your Stamps Account Transactions for any label that shows "Label printed" with no further update.
- Log into Stamps.com’s website with your Stamps.com username and password.
- Navigate to your Stamps.com print history by going to HISTORY >> SEARCH PRINT HISTORY.
- Expand the Eligible for section and select Refund.
- Review the list of shipping labels to determine if there are any labels you’d like to cancel.
If you do not plan to use the label, cancel it and request a refund. Learn more.
If you still need to ship the package, check to see if it is past the ship date entered on the label. Learn more.
If the ship date has passed, the label will need to be cancelled and re-purchased if you would like to ship it. Learn how to repurchase a label.