Military Mail restrictions are similar to domestic mail restrictions, but packages sent to APO/FPO/DPO addresses have a few additional limitations.
Item restrictions are specific to the ZIP code/region of the shipping destination. Since Military Mail crosses international borders, shipments are subject to the restrictions of the destination country as well. These restrictions may change often and without notice. For current restrictions, refer to USPS' index of countries and localities.
There are some restrictions that apply to all regions, these include:
- Aerosol cans
- Alcohol and Liquor
- Drug Paraphernalia
- Fireworks and other explosives
- Flammable materials
- Liquids and powders
- Lottery tickets
Service restrictions also apply to Military Mail:
- Packages may not exceed 70 lbs.
- The combined length and girth of the package may not exceed 130"
- All packages must be sent via the USPS
- All packages being sent to APO/FPO addresses must picked up by USPS or hand delivered to a USPS retail location
A complete list of item restrictions, including those that are ZIP code/region specific is available on either the USPS website or on the Department of Defense website. Changes to these restrictions are posted biweekly to the USPS Postal Bulletin.