Signature Confirmation helps you track and confirm your package by letting you know the date and time your shipment has been delivered AND who received it. This information is available to you for one year after delivery.
NOTE: Signature Confirmation does not speed up the delivery time nor does it provide any additional tracking information.
Signature Confirmation is best for shippers who like added reassurance. Although this service doesn’t require the intended recipient to be the one who signs, the service gives the sender confirmation that it was, in fact, received by human hands and not left on a doorstep or in a hallway.
Access tracking information online or by phone:
- Use the Track & Confirm tool on usps.com
- Contact the USPS direct at 1-800-222-1811. You may also make requests for copies via email, mail or fax are free.
Upon request, faxed and emailed copies are processed within two hours and 24 hours, respectively. Mailed receipts are sent First-Class and should arrive within two to three business days.
Signature confirmation is included in some services and available to others:
- Included for free with these domestic services:
- Priority Mail Express
- Available for extra fee with these domestic services:
- Priority Mail
- Parcel Select
- First Class
- Media Mail
- Limited availability for these destinations:
- Military Mail (APO/FPO destinations)
- Certain Freely Associated States
- Not available on international shipments.
General restrictions apply:
Package must be greater than ¾ inch thick. Thinner contents must be placed and sent in a rigid box or container that won’t lose its shape or collapse into a flat or letter-sized piece during handling and delivery.