USPS delivery confirmation helps you track and confirm your packages by letting you know the date and time your shipment has been delivered or that a delivery attempt was made. It is also known as “USPS tracking”.
Delivery confirmation/USPS tracking is good for many situations, such as when you are shipping high value goods, want to know when your packages are delivered, or want your customers to know when they should expect their shipments.
Delivery confirmation/USPS tracking is also helpful when reporting a lost shipment. If a First-Class Mail or Priority Mail shipment has not arrived within five (5) Postal business days from its date of mailing, you can report the loss via phone or web:
- Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) where a customer service representative will document your mail loss complaint.
- Visit the Postal Inspection Service Web site and complete a mail loss report.
NOTE: delayed Priority Mail Express shipments should be reported as soon as the service commitment has been missed. Learn more.
Access tracking information online or by phone:
- Use the Track & Confirm tool on usps.com.
- Contact the USPS direct at 1-800-222-1811.
- View real-time tracking status from your ShippingEasy SHIPMENT HISTORY.
Delivery confirmation/USPS Tracking is included in many USPS services:
- Included for free with these domestic services:
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- Parcel Select
- Media Mail
- First Class (excluding the Large Envelope/Flat)
- Most Military Mail (APO/FPO destinations)
- Available on some international shipments. Further restrictions apply. Learn more about which countries offer tracking to the destination.
- Not available on First Class Large Envelope/Flat
General restrictions apply:
Package must be greater than ¾ inch thick. Thinner contents must be placed and sent in a rigid box or container that won’t lose its shape or collapse into a flat or letter-sized piece during handling and delivery.