USPS delivery confirmation helps you track and confirm your packages by letting you know the date and time your shipment has been delivered or that a delivery attempt was made. It is also known as “USPS tracking”.
Delivery confirmation/USPS tracking is good for many situations, such as when you are shipping high-value goods, want to know when your packages are delivered, or want your customers to know when they should expect their shipments.
Delivery confirmation/USPS tracking is also helpful when reporting a lost shipment. If a First-Class Mail or Priority Mail shipment has not arrived within five (5) Postal business days from its date of mailing, you can report the loss via phone or web:
- Call 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777) where a customer service representative will document your mail loss complaint.
- Visit the USPS site and complete a missing mail report.
Access tracking information online or by phone
- Use the Track & Confirm tool on usps.com.
- Contact the USPS direct at 1-800-222-1811.
- View real-time tracking status from your ShippingEasy SHIPMENT HISTORY.
Delivery confirmation/USPS Tracking is included in these USPS services
- Included for free with these domestic services:
- Priority Mail
- Priority Mail Express
- Parcel Select
- Media Mail
- First Class (excluding the Large Envelope/Flat)
- Most Military Mail (APO/FPO destinations)
- Available on some international shipments. Further restrictions apply. Learn more about which countries offer tracking to the destination.
- Not available on First Class Large Envelope/Flat
General restrictions apply
The package must be greater than ¾ inch thick. Thinner contents must be placed and sent in a rigid box or container that won’t lose its shape or collapse into a flat or letter-sized piece during handling and delivery.