Whether you are brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it is easy to integrate your Magento (v1.x) store with ShippingEasy. You can learn more about how Magento (v1.x) works with ShippingEasy in our store guide. If you sell on other platforms, you can take a look at our integrations list for the steps to connect more stores.
Versions supported by ShippingEasy
ShippingEasy integrates with Magento (v1.x) and Magento 2. This document outlines the process to integrate a Magento version 1.8 or 1.9 store with ShippingEasy. If you have a Magento 2 store, click here for alternate integration steps.
When you are ready to connect your Magento (v1.x) store, follow these steps.
New ShippingEasy account
If you are new to ShippingEasy, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for integrating your store into a new account.
How to connect your Magento (v1.x) store to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select Magento. You will then see three additional fields: Store URL, User Name, and API token
Provide your Magento Store URL to ShippingEasy
- Open a new browser window and log into your Magento admin panel.
Select and copy the URL that appears in the address bar when viewing the admin section of your site.Copy this address EXACTLY as it appears in the address bar, because this allows us to properly access your store (including the /magento/index.php). We suggest you copy and paste this directly from the backend of your site. For example "http://yourstore/magento/index.php"
- In ShippingEasy, paste the URL address from Magento into the Magento Store URL field.
To configure a new User Name and API Token in Magento:
First, you'll need to create a new role in Magento.
- In Magento, navigate to System > Web Services.
- Choose SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
If you don't see this option, but instead see simply "Roles," it's likely you have a MagentoGo store. Select "Roles" and continue with the steps below.
- Select Add New Role.
- Enter "shippingeasy" as the role name. Then select Save Role.
- On the left hand navigation bar, select Role Resources.
- Set the Access to All next to Resource Access.
- Again, select to Save Role.Choose SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
If you don't see this option, but instead see simply "Users," it's likely you have a MagentoGo store. Select 'Users' and continue with the steps below.
- Select Add New User.
- Enter "shippingeasy" as the User Name. Then, enter in your name and email.
- Create your own API key (essentially, a password).
IMPORTANT: be sure to remember this API key as you will need it to enter back into ShippingEasy to complete the integration.
- Once complete, select Save User.
- From the left hand navigation bar, select Role Users and choose the "shippingeasy" user you have just setup.
- Again, select Save User.
Finalize the integration with ShippingEasy
- Navigate back to the ShippingEasy browser that you left open. You should have the integration dialog open.
- In the User Name field, enter "shippingeasy".
- In the API Token field, enter in the token you created for the "shippingeasy" user.
- Click Save.
- Whether you are registering a ShippingEasy account for the first time or adding a store to an existing account, you'll now have the option to configure your store settings.
If you skip this step now, you can access these settings later by navigating to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS. Then click the Edit store settings link below your Magento store details.