IMPORTANT: this document outlines the process to integrate a Magento version 1.8 or 1.9 store with ShippingEasy. If you have a Magento 2 store, click here for alternate integration steps.
Magento is a popular eCommerce solution. Whether you're brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it's easy to integrate your Magento store with ShippingEasy - first add a new store to ShippingEasy, then provide your Magento credentials to ShippingEasy.
- When registering your ShippingEasy account, you will be immediately prompted for your Magento credentials after selecting Magento from the Platform menu.
- Click here to skip to the next step.
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select Magento. You will then see three additional fields: Store URL, User Name, and API token.
- Open a new browser window and log into your Magento admin panel.
- Select and copy the URL that appears in the address bar when viewing the admin section of your site.
NOTE: Copy this address EXACTLY as it appears in the address bar, because this allows us to properly access your store (including the /magento/index.php) We suggest you copy and paste this directly from the backend of your site. For example "http://yourstore/magento/index.php"
- In ShippingEasy, paste the URL address from Magento into the Magento Store URL field.
First, you'll need to create a new role in Magento.
- In Magento, navigate to System > Web Services.
- Choose SOAP/XML-RPC - Roles.
NOTE: if you don't see this option, but instead see simply "Roles," it's likely you have a MagentoGo store. Select "Roles" and continue with the steps below.
- Select Add New Role.
- Enter "shippingeasy" as the role name. Then select Save Role.
- On the left hand navigation bar, select Role Resources.
- Set the Access to All next to Resource Access.
- Again, select to Save Role.
Now, its time to setup a new user in Magento.
- Navigate to System >> Web Services.
- Choose SOAP/XML-RPC - Users.
NOTE: if you don't see this option, but instead see simply "Users," it's likely you have a MagentoGo store. Select 'Users' and continue with the steps below.
- Select Add New User.
- Enter "shippingeasy" as the User Name. Then, enter in your name and email.
- Create your own API key (essentially, a password).
IMPORTANT: be sure to remember this API key as you will need it to enter back into ShippingEasy to complete the integration.
- Once complete, select Save User.
- From the left hand navigation bar, select Role Users and choose the "shippingeasy" user you have just setup.
- Again, select Save User.
Finalize the integration with ShippingEasy:
- Navigate back to the ShippingEasy browser that you left open. You should have the integration dialog open.
- In the User Name field, enter "shippingeasy".
- In the API Token field, enter in the token you created for the "shippingeasy" user.
- Click the Continue button.
- Whether you are registering a ShippingEasy account for the first time or adding a store to an existing account, you'll now have the option to configure your store settings.
If you skip this step now, you can access these settings later by navigating to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS. Then click the Edit store settings link below your Magento store details.
NOTE: if you are on a Magento Community edition, the speed of your order download into ShippingEasy is dependent on the download speed of the server you're hosting your Magento store on.
If you have problems that require extra assistance, feel free to reach out to our team.
- Anyone can post questions in our Community forum and our Customer Success team will be happy to assist.
- All accounts will see links for additional resources in the upper left corner in app:
New accounts trialing on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email or call our Sales Team.
Fully registered accounts on a paid plan (Basic and above) will see links to email, call, or chat our Customer Success team.
Accounts trialing or registered on the free Starter plan will see a quick link to our Support Center.
How to use ShippingEasy with Magento (v1.x)
Why can't I integrate my Magento store to ShippingEasy?
What does the Magento error "credentials could not be validated” mean?
What is SOAP and how can I tell if it is loaded on my Magento site?
Why am I having problems with my Magento orders syncing into ShippingEasy?