Once you have had all of your packages picked up at your warehouse or residence, shipping will never be the same. For your convenience, USPS provides a package pick up service with Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, and any international services. Military mail shipments are also eligible for USPS package pickup.
It is not possible to schedule a USPS pick up for First-Class Package Service shipments in ShippingEasy.
We recommend using the USPS.com Schedule a Pickup page when needing only First-Class Package shipments to be picked up.
USPS pick up is also a way to get packages tracking sooner, as the carrier will scan them at the location and that gets them into the tracking system. For faster scanning and shipping, learn more about using a SCAN form to help complete your pick up.
While USPS provides options to schedule a package pick up from USPS.com, shipments processed via ShippingEasy can also be set up for an on-site pick up from within the app. ShippingEasy users will see this tool with the carrier options on the READY TO SHIP page. Click through the following options to schedule a pick up with USPS or within ShippingEasy.
Use USPS.com to schedule a USPS package pick up
There are two main ways to schedule a USPS package pick up:
- During your usual mail delivery time: Free Package Pickup service schedules a pickup for the next delivery day or a designated day of your eligible packages at the same time your mail is delivered by your letter carrier. Packages eligible for this service are:
- Priority Mail Express® items
- Priority Mail® items
- First-Class Package Service-Commercial™ items
- International or returns items
- Scheduling a specific pickup time: Paid Pickup on Demand® service is a time-sensitive pickup service for when you need to have packages picked up on a specific date in a specific timeframe. A pickup fee is charged per trip (regardless of the number of items scheduled for pickup). For more information on how Pickup on Demand® works, visit www.usps.com/pickup.
To schedule your pick up, use the USPS official Schedule a Pickup page and fill out all of the necessary information.
Some tips when scheduling a pickup:
- If you need to automate a large number of package pickups, it is best to schedule this with USPS.
- Schedule your pickup before midnight of the day you want your items picked up and make any final edits before 2:00 AM CST.
- Know the estimate of how many packages you will have picked up and their combined weight.
- Make sure your First Class labels are First-Class Package labels, regular First Class Mail does not qualify for pickup. Although your postal carrier might still pick them up regardless of this error, it cannot be guaranteed.
Use ShippingEasy to schedule a USPS package pick up
Once you have the phone number entered, you can follow these steps to schedule the pick up:
- With an order selected on the READY TO SHIP page, make your Carrier Selections, including the Carrier (USPS), Carrier Service (Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express, or any international service), Packaging, and Weight.
- Adjust the Ship date to the next business day. The option to Request a Pick Up will appear.
If this option does not appear, confirm that you have selected an eligible Carrier Service (ie. Priority Mail, Priority Mail Express or any international service) and that the Ship date is properly advanced.
There will be a note indicating if the wrong Ship date is selected.
- Simply tick the box and your request will be sent to USPS.
Be aware of the type of package you are sending. These packages will not be eligible for scheduled pick up:
- Address verification fails
- Saturday pick up not allowed
- Require processing at the post office
When scheduling a pickup, ShippingEasy sends a request to USPS to have your mail carrier come to your door to pick up packages whenever they usually come to your address, instead of only dropping mail off.
If your package pickup failed, see our troubleshooting guide for more help.