Once you've had all of your packages picked up at your warehouse (or house!) instead of hauling them to the post office in your car, shipping will never be the same. Trust us, scheduling a pickup for packages is as easy as watching them leave without you!
IMPORTANT: a phone number is required to successfully schedule the pick-up. Follow these steps to verify you have a phone number on file or update the information with one.
Once you have the phone number entered, you can follow these steps to schedule the pick-up:
- With an order selected on the READY TO SHIP page, make your Carrier Selections, including the Carrier (USPS), Carrier Service (Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express), Packaging, and Weight.
- Adjust the Ship date to the next business day. The option to Request a Pick Up will appear.
Note: if this option doesn't appear, confirm that you have selected an eligible Carrier Service (ie. Priority Mail or Priority Mail Express) and that the Ship date is properly advanced.
There will be a note indicating if the wrong Ship date is selected.
- Simply tick the box and your request will be sent to USPS.
When scheduling a pickup, ShippingEasy sends a request to USPS to have your mail carrier come to your door to pick up packages whenever they usually come to your address, instead of only dropping mail off.
There are two main ways to schedule a USPS package pickup:
- During your usual mail delivery time (free)
- Scheduling a specific pickup time (paid)
To schedule your pick up, use the USPS official Schedule a Pickup page and fill out all of the necessary information.
Some tips when scheduling a pickup:
- Schedule your pickup before midnight of the day you want your items picked up and make any final edits before 2:00AM CST.
- Have at least one Priority Mail package in your collection of packages.
- Know the estimate of how many packages you'll have picked up and their combined weight.
- Make sure your First Class labels are First Class Package labels, regular First Class Mail doesn't qualify for pickup (although your postal carrier might still pick them up regardless of this error).
FAQs: USPS Pickup Requests
What USPS services are eligible for a carrier pick-up?
Why doesn't USPS pick up my packages when I schedule a pick up?
What USPS services include insurance coverage and offer additional insurance?
How to: Add USPS tracking to a shipment