Shippers who regularly send out similar packages can take advantage of time-saving features like "Shipping Presets" on the SHIPPING PRESETS or READY TO SHIP page.
ShippingEasy has 13 shipping presets already configured on all accounts created after January 8, 2019. These default shipping presets are for USPS domestic and international shipments, however you can save your own preferred service and package types to use for future shipments.
If you're preparing for a rush of orders, take a look at our seasonal selling tips for identifying and saving carrier selections.
To save your shipping presets for future use:
On the SHIPPING PRESETS Page
- Click on the SETTINGS tab at the top right of the page.
- Under SHIPMENT SETTINGS, click SHIPPING PRESETS.
- You will see two tabs for Domestic and International presets. Each account will have 6 domestic and 7 international preset package options already available. Above the tabs, click New Preset.
- Click on the Domestic or International tab depending on which destination you want to create a new preset option for. Then, click on the carrier you want to ship with.
NOTE: You can add a new carrier from this page by clicking Add new carrier.
- Select to create a new Shipping Preset package by clicking Add New Package.
- In the popup modal, name the package and enter in the dimensions, override weight or add-to weight if necessary. Then click Save & Continue.
- For even faster shipping, you can add keyboard shortcut to assign this package on the ORDERS page. Learn more.
- If you are creating a domestic preset and use this package frequently, you can check the box to make it a default. This action will override the Instant Rate package selection on the ORDERS page.
- Click Create Preset.
Once you have created a new preset, you can assign it to your favorites by click the "Star" icon next to the name.
This will allow the preset to appear when using the:
You can also arrange the order of your favorites. Reordering your favorites on the SHIPPING PRESETS page will reflect the order in which they appear on ORDERS page and elsewhere in app.
On the READY TO SHIP Page
- From the SHIPMENTS tab, select READY TO SHIP.
- On the READY TO SHIP page, select one combination of Carrier, Carrier Service and Packaging that made your list. Learn more.
NOTE: You can create a custom package that includes the specific weights and dimensions that can be part of a shipping presets. Learn more.
Keep in mind that if package dimensions and saved packages are entered on READY TO SHIP, both will be saved.
- On the right hand side of the "Carrier Selections" section, locate "Save Shipping Preset" and check the box by Save the selected carrier, service and packaging for future use.
- A dialog box will appear. Assign a name to your carrier selections.
If you'd like this to be your default option when an order is loaded on the READY TO SHIP page, check the box Make Default?
If you'd like to assign a keyboard shortcut, select from the available list. The selected shortcut will choose these carrier selections on the READY TO SHIP page.
NOTE: separate carrier selections and defaults will need to be made for International and Domestic shipments. So, if you've selected your default on a domestic order, then orders will only default for domestic orders, etc.
That's it - your Carrier Selection will now be saved for future use! If you think that's great, we recommend learning more about saving your custom packages, too.