The READY TO SHIP page is located under SHIPPING within the navigation bar in the app.
On this page, you can view rates, add additional options, and view the postage cost summary. Below are common questions regarding the READY TO SHIP.
What order are my orders showing in READY TO SHIP?
The display order of shipments on the READY TO SHIP page is dependent on your label settings and whether the shipments are individual or batched orders.
You can view your label settings by going to SETTINGS >> LABELS.
The setting "Print My Labels By" controls the order on the READY TO SHIP page, as well as the order in which your labels are printed.
- Order Selection Sequence: this option matches the order in which orders were selected and sent from the ORDERS page to the READY TO SHIP page.
- Order Number Sequence: This option would place orders in a sequence depending on their order number. However, as order numbers can contain both letters and numbers they are treated as alphanumeric, not numeric numbers in ShippingEasy.
For example, This means that the sorting will not be as straightforward as 10, 9, 8, etc. ShippingEasy is not able to recognize that 100554 is larger than 6659. As we sort order numbers from highest to lowest, order 6659 will be shown before 100554 (as 6 is greater than 1). Likewise, SE-117 will be shown before AB42222 and then 2022, 1648, etc.
- Item SKU (A-Z) Sequence - if selected, labels and packing slips will print in the order of the Item SKUs, sorted alphabetically from A to Z.
- Order selection sequence: Batches are shown in the order that they were selected on the ORDERS page and sent to the READY TO SHIP page (the same as individual orders).
Example: The first batch sent to READY TO SHIP is shown at the top of the list and then the last batch (or shipment) is shown at the bottom.
- Order number sequence: For batching, this option is less structured. The batches will not follow a set order for this selection. However, individual shipments will be shown after the batches are in order of the "order number sequence".
How do I view which orders I'm processing on the READY TO SHIP page?
If your shipping team uses multiple user logins, orders are assigned to specific users. This provides the option to filter orders to show all orders or only the orders you're processing.
On the READY TO SHIP page, toggle the My Shipments | All Shipments button to My Shipments, and only those orders that are being processed by your user login will be displayed.
What is the "Add to Cart" button on the READY TO SHIP page?
- Select Add to Cart at the top of the READY TO SHIP page.
- You will see the total number next to "Ready for Payment" automatically update each time you add an order to the cart.
- When you are ready to complete your label purchase, you can select Finish and Pay either at the top or the bottom of the screen.
This will send your shipments directly to the READY TO PRINT page.
A count of the labels queued for printing is visible at all times in the top right-hand corner of the app.
View our READY FOR PAYMENT page overview for more information.
What is the "Buy Label" button on the READY TO SHIP page?
The "Buy Label" button commits the label purchase and moves the label to the READY TO PRINT page.
Unlike the "Add to Cart" button, the "Buy Label" button bypasses the READY FOR PAYMENT page.
This workflow is perfect for those times when you just need to pay and print the label quickly.
What is the "Buy & Print Label" button on the READY TO SHIP page?
The "Buy & Print Label" button on the READY TO SHIP page allows you to print your labels directly to your printer using ConnectEasy:
ShippingEasy is a cloud-based program which means you do not have to download anything to your computer to use the app. However, if you would like to send the documents to print automatically (instead of opening a PDF and selecting your printer manually), you will need to download ConnectEasy. This software runs in the background and allows you to print the labels directly to your printer. Fewer clicks, less time!
Having problems buying postage? Check out the READY TO SHIP page troubleshooting guide.
What USPS confirmation options are available on READY TO SHIP?
After you have made your carrier and service selections within the READY TO SHIP page, you may purchase any of the following delivery confirmations:
- Signature Confirmation - upon delivery of a package, the signature of the person receiving it - along with the date, time, and location of said delivery - will be captured and sent to you.
- Adult Signature - requires the signature of an individual at the residence who is at least 21 years of age prior to delivery.
Why is my rate showing $0?
If your rate is showing $0 on the READY TO SHIP page, it may be the result of a couple of common causes - either the required information is missing from the order or you have selected a consolidator service.
Have you selected a Carrier, Carrier Service, and Packaging?
The Carrier, Carrier Service, and Packaging are required fields and must be selected in order for you to receive a rate quote.
Have you entered weight and package dimensions?
Many Carrier Services and/or Packaging require that you enter weight and dimensions. If you have selected a Custom or saved package, be sure that the correct dimensions have been added on the PACKAGE SETUP page. Learn more about custom packages.
After entering or updating new measurements, click the Update button to refresh the rate quote.
Are the Shipping Addresses complete?
Click the shipping addresses to expand for more details. Click the Edit link next to either address to view the details or make updates.
The Ship From address is derived from your STORE ADDRESSES but may be assigned per a number of different methods. Learn more about how addresses are assigned to orders. You may need to edit the Ship From address by going to SETTINGS >> STORE ADDRESSES to correct any address errors.
The Ship To address may be missing key information, especially if it is a military, territory, or international-bound order.
- Military: confirm that the address is formatted correctly. Learn about formatting military addresses.
- Territory: confirm that the country is set to the United States and that the territory is selected from the State drop-down menu.
- International: confirm that the country is set to an option listed in the drop-down menu and that the City and Province are both entered.
Are you using Consolidator services?
If you have selected a consolidator service, the rate will always display as $0.
When selecting USPS carrier and service for a shipment, why does it automatically include free delivery confirmation?
When you book a shipment through Priority Mail, Express Mail, First Class Mail, Parcel Select, or Media Mail the cost of Delivery Confirmation is already included in the rate and is shown as FREE in the "Your Shipping Cost" section.
Delivery Confirmation will let you know the date and time an item was delivered as well as the time and date delivery was attempted but not successful if applicable. This information can be checked online with the USPS Track & Confirm tool.
What does 'View Requested Service' mean when selecting a carrier?
When selecting a carrier and service within the READY TO SHIP page, you are able to view the shipping option your customer selected on your store checkout. Simply hover your mouse over the View Requested Service link to show their selection.
If you would like more information, view our step-by-step guide on selecting a carrier and service.