Run a store on a platform we don't currently support? No problem!
ShippingEasy gives you the option to import your orders with a simple CSV upload tool. All you need to do is export your orders into a CSV file format from your store platform or point of sale system. Most shopping carts and marketplaces have this option available to you.
NOTE: CSV order uploading is available for Basic plans and above.
If you're completely new to CSV files, look over these articles:
Before you begin to import into ShippingEasy, we suggest you open up the exported CSV file into a spread sheet program like Microsoft Excel or Numbers for Mac users. This way you can review the data, make any necessary edits and ensure that you have all the required data. These articles will help you review and clean up your file if necessary:
- CSV Order Uploads: Column mapping - required fields & explanations
- How to: Check CSV uploads for duplicates and delete them
- How to: Merge multiple columns of data in Excel without losing any data
Once your CSV file is all ready to go, you're ready to upload it to ShippingEasy.
To upload orders via CSV file:
- Navigate to the ORDERS page from blue toolbar.
Click on the Upload Orders button at the top of the page, just beneath the Group as Batch button.
- You'll be taken to the UPLOAD CSV FILE page.
IMPORTANT: make sure that your orders have been saved in the correct CSV file type before you upload. If you're unsure of how to save a file as a CSV, check out our guide on saving files as CSVs.
Click on the Browse button to search your hard drive for your file.
Once you've chosen the file that contains the orders that you'd like to upload, click on the blue Upload File button just underneath the entry box.
TIP: select a different file or delete the file that you've already selected by clicking on the Edit or X button to the right of the entry box.
On the UPLOAD CSV: ORDER IMPORT page, you will map or match the columns of your CSV to the fields ShippingEasy uses to store your order data.
For example, a CSV could have the following header columns:
The mapping page has a list of all of the order data that can be saved on our app. The headers that have an asterisk are mandatory fields that must be assigned a matching column of data in your CSV file. There is a drop down menu next to every column header that contains a list of the column headers in your CSV. Learn more.
Note: Any columns that are missing headers or titles in your CSV file, will typically cause the CSV upload to fail. Please make sure each column in your CSV file contains a header/title.
Using the example headers from the image above, the drop down menu would look like this:
- If your CSV is always in the same format, you might want to consider saving the configuration that you have just chosen. You can save the configuration by entering a name for it in the box labeled Save these settings for future imports as.
- Select the Continue button to finish your file upload.
- The file will be listed in the "Current Uploads" queue and the data will be processed into our database. Once complete, a green READY button will appear. Click this.
- In the last step, you will have a chance to review the data for any errors.
Edit any data by clicking on the data field to expand a text editor.
Delete any data line by clicking the x icon at the right of the line.
- Once you've made the corrections, confirm the upload of the file.
That's it! The freshly uploaded orders will then appear on the ORDERS page.
CSV Order Uploads: Sample CSV file
CSV Order Uploads: Column mapping - required fields & explanations
How to: Create a CSV file
How to: Set up a CSV store
How to: Export tracking numbers back to my original CSV file
Video: Manual Orders store settings