ShippingEasy’s Order Category feature is a great way to stay organized. With this feature, you can label and organize your orders in any way you want! This makes filtering and finding orders fast.
The Order Category color is flagged next to the order, making it easy to differentiate between Order Category types.
Create an Order Category
All Order Categories correspond to a specific color. When you set up the Order Category, you can choose which color to assign to it.
- Go to the SETTINGS page from the icon at the top of every page in the ShippingEasy app.
- Click on ORDER CATEGORIES: SETUP that is located in the SHIPMENT SETTINGS area.
- Click the blue +Add New icon on the far right of the page
- Once +Add New has been clicked, the name field will appear towards the top of the page.
- Enter the category name you want and the corresponding color to go with it. Hit Save and you’ve got a Category!
Applying an Order Category to an Order
- Select ORDERS from the navigation bar.
- Select the check box next to the order(s) you want to categorize.
Use filters and search to narrow down which orders to categorize. Then select all the orders on the page. Learn more about filtering orders | searching orders | selecting orders.
- Expand the More menu and then select Categorize to see a list of your Order Categories. Then choose the Order Category to apply to the orders.
If you have not set up Order Categories yet, go ahead and choose a color. Then check out the section on "Edit an Order Category" at the bottom of this guide.
- Your orders will now update and be tagged with the selected color.
Filtering Orders by Order Category
Make the most of your newfound organization by filtering your orders. Your filtered views can be saved as a quick and easy way to filter your orders in the future. Learn more about Saved Views.
- From the ORDERS page, click on "More Filters".
- Expand the "Category" filter from the left column and check the box next to the Order Category you want to filter by.
To find only orders that have not been categorized, select the Uncategorized option.
- The ORDERS page will update to show only orders that have that Order Category applied.
Filters and search results stack, so only orders that meet all of the filters and search criteria will be visible.
Editing an Order Category
Keep your Order Categories current and relevant by editing the name or color tag.
- From the ORDERS page, expand the More menu and select Categorize. Then select Edit Categories...
- A modal window will appear where you are able to edit the color and label for that category.
- Edit the name by typing into the fields below "New Name".
- Edit the color by typing the HEX value into the fields below "New Color".
If you prefer to use a color picker to select the color, click the blue Settings link to navigate to the ORDER CATEGORIES page. Then click the pencil icon to edit the Order Category color.
- Select Update Categories to apply the changes.