ShippingEasy’s Order Category feature is a great way to stay organized. With this feature, you can label and organize your orders in any way you want! This makes filtering and finding orders fast.
Here are a few ways you might use Order Categories:
- Organize your shipments by carrier or service. Create an Order Category called Priority or First Class for batching.
- Prioritize during the holidays. Create an Order Category called Halloween or Christmas to find those orders quickly.
- Plan for extra attention. Create Order Categories called Custom or Fragile to remind you to pick and pack carefully.
NOTE: Only one Order Category can be applied to an order.
All Order Categories correspond to a specific color. When you set up the Order Category, you can choose which color to assign to it. Learn how to create an Order Category. The Order Category color is flagged next to the order, making it easy to differentiate between Order Category types.
Applying an Order Category to an Order
- From the blue navigation bar, select the ORDERS page.
- On the ORDERS page, select the check box next to the order(s) you want to categorize.
- Expand the More menu.
- Select Categorize to see a list of your Order Categories. The choose the Order Category to apply to the orders.
TIP: If you have not set up Order Categories yet, go ahead and choose a color. Then check out the section on "How to: Edit an Order Category" at the bottom of this guide.
- Your orders will now update and be tagged with the selected color.
Filtering Orders by Order Category
Make the most of your new found organization by filtering your orders. Your filtered views can be saved as a quick and easy way to filter your orders in the future. Learn more about Saved Views.
- From the ORDERS page, expand the "Category" filter.
- Select the check box next to the Order Category you want to filter by.
NOTE: To find only orders that have not been categorized, select the Uncategorized option.
- The ORDERS page will update to show only orders that have that Order Category applied.
Filters and search results stack, so only orders that meet all of the filter and search criteria will be visible.
Editing an Order Category
Keep your Order Categories current and relevant by editing the name or color tag.
- From the ORDERS page, expand the More menu.
- Select Categorize. Then select Edit Categories...
- A modal window will appear where you are able to edit the color and label for that category.
- Edit the name by typing into the fields below "New Name".
- Edit the color by typing the HEX value into the fields below "New Color".
TIP: If you prefer to use a color picker to select the color, click the blue Settings link to navigate to the ORDER CATEGORIES page. Then click the pencil icon to edit the Order Category color.
- Select Update Categories to apply the changes.