We know - no one likes returns. But since they're a reality of eCommerce, we've made it easy to generate a return label - whether or not you processed the original shipment via ShippingEasy.
NOTE: if you have a record of the order in your SHIPMENT HISTORY, you can create a return label from the original shipment. Find out how.
This guide is for shippers who need to create a return label, but don't have an original shipment in ShippingEasy.
To create a manual prepaid return label:
- From the blue navigation menu, hover over QUICK SHIP. Then select Return label.
- Fill in the details requested in the form:
- Store Addresses: these are your saved store or warehouse locations in your Store Addresses settings. Click the menu to select the Ship To address that you would like your package to be returned to.
- Ship From: select this from the Saved Addresses menu, if you have your customer's address saved in your Customer Addresses settings. Alternately, you can enter your customer's address into the Ship From field.
- Email Return Label to: this is the email address that the return label will be sent to, if this setting is enabled. See the TIP below for more details.
TIP: if you would like to email this label to your customer, verify that your Manual Order stores settings are configured to send your customer a return shipping label.
To email a prepaid return label to your customer:
- Navigate to SETTINGS >> STORES & ORDERS.
- Locate the "Manual Orders" store and click Edit store settings.
- Check the box next to
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Save the changes.
Sender Phone Number: some carrier services require a phone number.
- Order Number: it is highly recommended to enter an order number.
- Item Name: this is the only required order detail.
- All other order details will improve the quality of your reports, but are otherwise optional.
- Once you've completed the fields, there are two options to generate the return label:
- Save & Get Rate: select this option to send the shipment to the READY TO SHIP page.
- Save & Quick Ship: select this option if you wish to use one of your Saved Selections. Learn more.
That's it - you've created a prepaid return shipment!
- If you opted to Save & Get Rate: just make your carrier selections from the READY TO SHIP page and purchase the label. Learn more.
- If you opted not to automatically email the return label to your customer: you can download the PDF from the READY TO SHIP or SHIPMENT HISTORY pages. Learn more about opening a PDF when using ConnectEasy.