If your customer needs to return an item to you, ShippingEasy allows you to purchase and generate a prepaid label, and get it to your customer with just a few clicks, through the SHIPMENT HISTORY page.
Notes about special case return labels:
- International Shipments: it is not possible to create a prepaid return label for an International shipment within ShippingEasy. Learn more about International return shipments.
- Drop shipped orders or those not in Shipment History: prepaid return labels can be created for these shipments from QUICK SHIP > Return Label. Learn more.
To create a prepaid return label:
- Navigate to the SHIPMENTS tab in the blue menu bar, from any page on your ShippingEasy account. Hover over the tab and select SHIPMENT HISTORY from the drop down.
- Once on the SHIPMENT HISTORY page, locate the order by manually scrolling through your history, or by using the search box or filters - both located to the left of the orders. To see how to find a specific order, read our step by step guide on filtering your shipped orders.
- Once you've located the order that needs to be returned, click on the green arrow icon to the far right of the shipped order. Select "Create a Prepaid Return Shipment".
- A modal window will appear confirming your selection. Click OK.
- The order will automatically move to the READY FOR PAYMENT page. You will be guided to that same page and a confirmation message will briefly appear letting you know a return label has been set up for the selected order.
- By default, all of the information for the return label will duplicate from the original order: the address and shipping method will be the same.
You may choose one of three courses of action:
Edit the shipment:Click on the pencil icon under the "Options" column. Proceed to Step 7.
Purchase a label without any edits:Skip ahead to Step 9.
Cancel the return:Click the x icon under the "Options" column and send the order back to the SHIPMENT HISTORY page.
- If you chose to edit the shipment, you'll be redirected to the READY TO PRINT page. When your edits are complete, click the grey Add to Cart button to review your purchase.
Alternately, select Print Later to purchase without review and skip ahead to Step 10.
- The edited order will now automatically move to the READY FOR PAYMENT page.
- Click the Finish and Pay button. Doing so will charge the appropriate carrier account for the postage amount of the return shipment.
- The order will automatically move to the READY TO PRINT page, where you will be navigated to as well. Locate the order in the "Purchased Labels" box on the left, and click on the green Print button under the status/actions column.
NOTE: if you have opted to have your return labels emailed to your customers, this step will be skipped. The return order will appear in your SHIPMENT HISTORY and your customer will receive an email with their return label attached as a PDF. Learn more.
- A new tab will open in your browser with the pdf file of your label. Click to save or download the label to your computer - depending on your browser, the options will vary.
- From there, simply send your customer an email with the label attached. All they will need to do is print the label (which they can do on a desktop laser printer), attach it to the box or envelope and drop it in the mail.
FAQs: Prepaid return shipments
How do I process returns for Amazon shipments?
How do I send a return shipping email and label to my customer?
How can I create a return label for an order that was drop shipped or is not in my Shipment History?
Can I create a return label for an International shipment?