Merchants who drop ship can track orders even if packing is done elsewhere. It's made possible by adding a tracking number to drop shipped orders. ShippingEasy can even send this information back to your integrated store!
To add a tracking number when marking an order as shipped:
- Navigate to the ORDERS page.
- Locate the order that has been drop shipped. Expand the action V menu in the far right column and select Mark as Shipped.
- A modal window will appear. Enter in the item's Tracking Number and select the Carrier.
NOTE: only carriers connected to your ShippingEasy account will be available from the menu.
- If you would like ShippingEasy to update the Tracking Number and Shipped status back to your store, check the box next to Update order status to 'Shipped' in my store.
- Select Save and ShippingEasy will transfer the order records to your SHIPMENT HISTORY, as well as update your store if requested.
Do my customers get an email when an order is drop shipped (mark as shipped)?
How to: Search shipped orders on the SHIPMENT HISTORY page
How to: Return an order that was drop shipped or not in my Shipment History
How to: Assign a default Ship From address to a specific user