The US Postal Service uses three different customs forms: PS Form 2976, PS Form 2976-A, and PS Form 2976-B.
- PS Form 2976 prints one copy to be put on the boxed shipment. This copy will be combined into your shipping label.
- PS Form 2976-A and 2976-B prints three (3) copies, to be placed in a plastic sleeve and affixed to the parcel exterior. The three copies include your shipping label.
When sending an international shipment, you are required to fill out a customs form. Customs forms are used by a country's border control agency to help protect their borders and to assign duty fees and tariffs on incoming goods. Duty fees are typically paid for by the recipient of the good(s).
NOTE: Some shipments will only require 1 copy of the customs form (combined into your shipping label), regardless of the form type.
These shipments include:
- Military Mail (APO, DPO, FPO, MPO), U.S. Territories, and Freely Associated States
- Select international destinations:
- Costa Rica
US Postal Service Requirements
The US Postal Service mandates the use of each custom form for specific service/packaging/destination combinations.
The table below shows which customs form will be used for each combination of service and packaging.
|Priority Mail Express International||All||2976-B|
|Priority Mail International||Custom Packaging||2976-A|
|Small Flat Rate Box||2976-A|
|Medium Flat Rate Box||2976-A|
|Large Flat Rate Box||2976-A|
|Flat Rate Envelopes||2976-A|
|Large Board Game Box||2976-A|
|Military Mail, U.S. Territories||2976*|
|First Class International Mail||All||2976*|
* When a PS Form 2976 is used, the total value of the shipment cannot be more than $400.
ShippingEasy will automatically select the correct US Postal Service customs form based on your selection of service and packaging. Learn more about ShippingEasy's plans.
In ShippingEasy, if you have selected a service or are shipping to a destination that uses PS Form 2976 and your total value is over $400, you will see this alert on the READY TO SHIP page: