If shipping is a headache, printer problems can be a migraine. We're here to take some of the pain out of troubleshooting any printer problems that you may encounter.
Is your printer plugged into both the power outlet and your computer?
Please be sure that your hardware is properly configured.
Is your printer turned on?
Just for good measure, double check that your printer is powered on.
Have you tried restarting your computer?
A quick reboot is often just what a computer needs.
Are you printing with a DYMO or Zebra thermal printer?
We have specialized troubleshooting guides for these popular thermal printers:
Have you recently updated your ShippingEasy document settings?
Any changes to your settings will be reflected in documents created after the settings were changed. Any label, packing slip, or pick list that you generated before updating your settings will retain the previous settings. Try regenerating these documents to see if the new settings are properly applied. If you still have problems, consider the following solutions.
Are there any available updates for your software?
- Adobe Reader: ShippingEasy generates files in a PDF format. This requires that Adobe Reader is functioning optimally. Learn more.
- Browser: All browsers update their software from time to time. ShippingEasy is optimized for Chrome, but many shippers use Firefox with good success. We do not recommend Explorer. Updating to the latest version ensures the browser's features are working at their best. Click through each name for their update guide:
- ConnectEasy: ConnectEasy is a program that integrates your printer directly with ShippingEasy. ShippingEasy releases new versions of ConnectEasy from time to time. So, if you are printing via ConnectEasy, please check that you have the latest version installed. Learn more.
- Java Applet: ShippingEasy has an option to integrate your printer using a java applet. While we recommend upgrading to ConnectEasy, updating Java is the best way to resolve problems that arise when printing using the java applet. Find the latest version of the java applet.
Are their any available software updates for your printer?
Printer software is updated from time to time. Check with your manufacturer for the latest software updates for your printer.
Is your browser using Adobe to open the PDF?
Since PDFs open and print best via Adobe Reader, make sure that your browser is using Adobe to open the files. Learn more.
Have you installed ConnectEasy and your print jobs are not being received?
- If you have just installed ConnectEasy, make sure that you've completed the installation. The first time you launch ConnectEasy, you'll be prompted for login credentials. Find these in ShippingEasy, by going to SETTINGS >> CONNECTEASY.
- If ConnectEasy has been fully configured and your documents are not printing, a quick restart will reset the system and resolve most printing problems. Learn more.
- If you have a more advanced configuration of networked printers, review our FAQ guide for using ConnectEasy.
Still having printing problems?
Reach our to our support team with the following information:
- What printer are you using?
- What browser are you printing from?
- What operating system are you running?
- Is your printer integrated with ShippingEasy via ConnectEasy or the Java Applet?
- Have you received an error from any software?
- An example order or document that is not printing correctly from ShippingEasyPrinter model
- A brief description of what steps you took to print the document