If you notice your labels look small or blurry on your Zebra Printer, check the following common causes.
- Dirty printhead - Cleaning the printhead after each roll of labels will help to extend the life of the printer. A clean printhead will also provide the best print quality. Learn how to clean the Zebra printer.
- Labels - The types of labels that you use can determine the print quality. We recommend using Zebra brand-specific labels.
- Speed - As a note, slower speeds are recommended when the print quality needs to be improved. Learn more about calibrating your Zebra printer.
- Outdated driver - Please contact Zebra support to get the latest driver for your hardware.
Follow the steps below to change the size and clarity of the label.
This is the default setup:
To change the label settings:
- Search on your Windows computer for the Control Panel and click on View Devices and Printers:
- Right-click the Zebra printer and go to Printing Preferences.
- Select the Stocks tab and then New.
- This allows you to enter different custom options for your label.
We have named this stock "4x6" because we have set the Label Width to 4 inches and the Label Height to 6 inches. However, you can input any name or label size.
We have also changed Darkness to 16 and Speed to 5. These are the best settings for a clear label.
- Now, under the Options tab, click Stocks in the dropdown menu. You will see the option to select "4x6", which will enable us to use the "4x6" printer label setting we just saved. Click Apply.
That's it! Now your labels will be bigger and print with more clarity!