Sometimes a Product SKU was previously used as a SKU Alias, but then needs to be tracked as a separate SKU. When this happens, the SKU Alias can be removed from the original master SKU entry. Then added into the Products catalog as new Product SKU.
To remove a SKU Alias from a master Product SKU:
- Navigate to the INVENTORY tab, then select PRODUCTS from the drop down menu.
- From the PRODUCTS page, click on the blue product "SKU" or "Name" that the SKU Alias is assigned to.
- Click on the "Details" Tab
- From the PRODUCT DETAILS page, locate the SKU Aliases field.
- Click the X next to the SKU Alias. Then confirm that you wish to remove the SKU Alias.
The SKU Alias is now removed and can be added as a unique Product SKU. Learn more.