- Enhancement to the ORDERS page for Inventory Management subscribers. There is a new link on the ORDERS page above the column headers called “Allocate Stock.” This feature allows the allocation of available inventory to unshipped orders for easy visibility of which orders should be shipped and which should wait until additional inventory is available. There is a new ORDERS page filter and optional column for displaying which orders have inventory allocated and which do not. Learn more:
- Enhancement to Customer Management when used with a Shopify store. If the Shopify store is configured to support newsletter subscribers, those newsletter subscribers will be shown in Customer Management as prospects. If the newsletter subscriber does not have a first and last name, the email address will be used in place of the prospect's name.
NOTE: this retrieval of additional information from a Shopify store requires additional access that ShippingEasy was not granted if the store was integrated before August 1st, 2017. Shopify stores integrated after this date support this feature automatically. Stores integrated before will need to re-authenticate. Learn more.
- Changes to the SHIPMENT HISTORY page affecting all Starter plan subscribers. Shipments that are older than 120 days will no longer be visible on the SHIPMENT HISTORY page. Older shipments will still be visible in Global Search results. Older orders can also be viewed in Reports if the account is later upgraded. This change improves the speed of the SHIPMENT HISTORY page.
- Enhancement to the Unshipped All Orders report. Added columns for domestic and international order counts.
- A new interstitial page will be displayed for all ShippingEasy accounts created prior to July 18, 2017. This new page will require acknowledgement of the new Endicia Terms & Conditions that are required as part of the new USPS Automated Package Verification system. Learn more about USPS Automated Package Verification (APV) system.
- Enhancement to UPLOAD ORDERS page. Added pagination controls at the bottom of the page used for final approval of orders uploaded via CSV.
- Resolved an issue that prevented ShippingEasy from correctly processing certain orders that contain null characters.
- Improved Shipping Rule conditions to match customer tags regardless of upper or lower case.
- Resolved an issue with slow search queries on the ORDERS page.
- Corrected an issue with URL concatenation on WooCommerce store configuration.
- For all store types that support importing products from the store into ShippingEasy, there is a new option to also update the inventory level in ShippingEasy for existing products. This makes it easy for customers who had been using ShippingEasy for a while before enabling Inventory Management to get the inventory level in their store to be used as the inventory level in ShippingEasy.
- For any customers with Inventory Management enabled, a new Stores filter has been added to the PRODUCTS page. This filter can be used to see which SKUs are linked to each connected two-way sync store.