ShippingEasy can import your Shopify store newsletter subscribers into Customer Marketing. If these contacts are not pulling into ShippingEasy, the issue could be related to the permissions in your Shopify store.
In order for ShippingEasy to import newsletter subscribers from your Shopify store, permission must be granted to read the customer data from your store. To do this:
- First your Shopify App Permissions will need to be reviewed and updated.
- Then your store integration with ShippingEasy will need to be updated.
How to: Review your Shopify App Permissions
- Log into your Shopify store.
- Select Apps in the bottom left corner of your account.
- Locate the ShippingEasy application.
- Select the View Details link.
- Review the App Permissions and ensure that it matches those listed in the image below.
NOTE: confirm if ShippingEasy has access to modify the 'products, variants and collections' permission line. Read access is not sufficient for accessing your newsletter subscribers.
If your ShippingEasy App Permissions do not match those listed above you will need to delete the ShippingEasy app and reconnect your store again via the ShippingEasy Store Settings page. Find detailed steps in the next section.
How to: Update your Shopify store integration with ShippingEasy
- Within Shopify on the Apps >> ShippingEasy page, select the trash icon displayed next to the ShippingEasy App.
- Select Delete on the Remove ShippingEasy modal.
- Go back to your ShippingEasy account, and click the SETTINGS tab from the navigation bar.
- Under INTEGRATION, click on STORES & ORDERS.
- Your Shopify store will now show as disconnected. Click Re-connect to re-activate your store.
- Select Save to reconnect your store.
- When you click Save, you'll be taken to Shopify. If you're not logged in, you'll be prompted to do so.
- Once logged in, Shopify will direct you to a screen titled "You're about to Install ShippingEasy Connect". Find the Install App button at the bottom of this screen and click it.
You have now reconnected your store and granted ShippingEasy access to read customer data from your store. ShippingEasy should now be able to import newsletter subscribers from Shopify.