ShippingEasy can import your Shopify store newsletter subscribers into Customer Marketing. Once you have imported your subscribers into ShippingEasy, we will adhere to Shopify's guidelines and opt-out requests as they are provided to us. If these contacts are not pulling into ShippingEasy, the issue could be related to the permissions in your Shopify store.
In order for ShippingEasy to import newsletter subscribers from your Shopify store, permission must be granted to read the customer data from your store. To do this:
- First, review and update your Shopify App Permissions.
- Then, update your store integration with ShippingEasy.
Review your Shopify App Permissions
- Log into your Shopify store.
- Select Apps in the bottom left corner of your account.
- Locate the ShippingEasy application.
- Select the View Details link.
- Review the App Permissions and ensure that it matches those listed in the image below.
Confirm if ShippingEasy has access to modify the 'products, variants, and collections' permission line. Read access is not sufficient for accessing your newsletter subscribers.
If your ShippingEasy App Permissions do not match those listed above you will need to delete the ShippingEasy app and reconnect your store again via the ShippingEasy Store Settings page. Find detailed steps in the next section.
Update your Shopify store integration with ShippingEasy
- Within Shopify on the Apps >> ShippingEasy page, select the trash icon displayed next to the ShippingEasy App.
- Select Delete on the Remove ShippingEasy modal.
- Go back to your ShippingEasy account, and click the SETTINGS icon from above the navigation bar.
- Under INTEGRATION, click on STORES & ORDERS.
- Your Shopify store will now show as disconnected. Click Re-connect to re-activate your store.
- Select Save ;to reconnect your store.
- When you click Save, you will be taken to Shopify. If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to do so.
- Once logged in, Shopify will direct you to a screen titled "You're about to Install ShippingEasy Connect". Find the Install App button at the bottom of this screen and click it.
You have now reconnected your store and granted ShippingEasy access to read customer data from your store. ShippingEasy should now be able to import newsletter subscribers from Shopify.