When sending a One-Time Campaign, you have the option to send it immediately or schedule for a designated day and time. ShippingEasy strives to deliver your campaign to your entire list within two hours or less. However, campaign delivery time depends on several factors that are common and important to all email marketing platforms:
- the sending server's reputation
- the campaign’s content
- the campaign's recipients
- the size of the campaign's email list
- the current email queue
Reputation of sending server:
ShippingEasy’s sending reputation directly affects the delivery of your emails. If our server’s IP address is flagged by spam filters, receiving servers will block emails from our address. Therefore, we work hard to preserve our good sending reputation. Sometimes this results in a delay of up to two hours while we work to avoid sending email to spam traps, abuse complaints and hard bounces - all of which can degrade our server sending reputation.
Campaign content, recipients, and size of email list:
When a server receives an email, it analyzes the content and sender information before allowing it to reach the recipient. Most receiving servers have sophisticated algorithms, spam filters and firewalls in place. These can delay or prevent delivery, all of which is beyond ShippingEasy’s control.
Additionally, by maintaining an updated, original master list of recipients will cut down on delays. Removing inactive recipients by regularly requesting engagement will help keep your list moving as well.
Avoiding the spam filter:
If something in your campaign triggers a spam filter, it will likely delay delivery while the server analyzes it further. Generally, multiple spam triggers are required for email to get filtered as spam.
You can take steps to avoid triggering spam filters by editing your content directly one of our many templates or copying and pasting it from a text editor. Inserting text from programs like Word or Publisher can add extra code to the HTML that could trigger spam filters.
More ways to avoid the spam filter:
- Avoid using misleading or over-promising subject lines, pre-header text, sender display names, and reply-to email addresses.
- Tell your recipients where you are located by including your physical mailing address
- Always include an unsubscribe link – ShippingEasy has this built into every template as it’s required by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, so you don’t need to do anything further when using our CM tool.
- We encourage you to take it a step further and identify why a customer is receiving that email in the first place by saying something along the lines of “You’re receiving this email because we really enjoyed meeting you at XYZ event and wanted to stay in touch!”
- Personalize your email with merge tags like ‘buyer first name’ – this tells filters you’re associated with the person you’re sending your email to.
- Format your emails to be clear, concise, and centered around encouraging engagement from your customers.
- Stay consistent with your brand and treat your emails as an extension of your online identity.
Current email queue:
As the email queue increases, ShippingEasy has the ability to add more resources to handle the volume. Though even with extra capacity, the total number of emails being sent across all ShippingEasy accounts can slow down the sending of a campaign.