Whether you are brand new to ShippingEasy or have an existing account, it is easy to integrate your WooCommerce store with ShippingEasy. You can learn more about how WooCommerce works with ShippingEasy in our store guide. If you sell on other platforms, you can take a look at our integrations list for the steps to connect more stores.
Requirements to integrate WooCommerce
There are a few things to check before integrating your WooCommerce store with ShippingEasy. Our integration requires WooCommerce version 3.0.x or higher and WordPress version 4.4 or higher.
To determine the version of WooCommerce you are running, log into your Wordpress site as an administrator, click on Plugins > Installed Plugins and then scroll to the WooCommerce plugin row - the version of WooCommerce will be located in the bottom right corner of the page.
To determine the version of WordPress you are running, log into your Wordpress site as an administrator, click on the WordPress W symbol in the upper left corner and then click About WordPress.
Enable WooCommerce REST API for your store
Visit the WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > Legacy API and tick the Enable REST API checkbox.
If you use Legacy REST API:
ShippingEasy's legacy WooCommerce store integration is depreciated and has been removed from WooCommerce. As an alternative, they suggest the REST API that is an integration with the WordPress REST API. Currently, this is enabled by default to be WooCommerce's current REST API.
Enable SSL for your store
Finally, before integrating, ShippingEasy HIGHLY recommends configuring your WooCommerce website for SSL (i.e https connections) for both security and reliability reasons.
- If you have SSL on your site make sure the URL is https://www.myshop.com instead of http://www.myshop.com.
- If your website is at https://www.example.com make sure you haven’t entered https://example.com as the URL.
When you are ready to connect your WooCommerce store, follow these steps.
New ShippingEasy account
If you are new to ShippingEasy, you can follow our step-by-step instructions for integrating your store into a new account.
How to connect your WooCommerce to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the + Add New button on the right side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop-down menu, select WooCommerce. You will then see one additional field: Store URL.
- Copy and paste the URL for your WooCommerce store into the Store URL field.
The WooCommerce store URL that you will enter into ShippingEasy should be the root URL to your WordPress installation. In most cases, this will be something like http://www.myshop.com/. Sometimes the whole WordPress installation is installed in a subdirectory so the URL might be something like http://www.myshop.com/wp/ or http://www.myshop.com/wordpress/.
Visit the WordPress dashboard Settings > General page and make sure that the WordPress Address URL matches WooCommerce Store URL you are using for your ShippingEasy WooCommerce store URL.
- Click the Save button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to enter your username and password for your WooCommerce store, so that ShippingEasy can connect to it and request necessary permissions. Enter your login credentials and click the Login button.
- After logging into your account, you'll be prompted to give ShippingEasy access to your store, which is necessary for managing your store orders. Click the Approve button.
- After ShippingEasy is granted access to your store, you'll be returned to your store settings page in ShippingEasy where you can enter information about your store. Once your store information had been entered, click the Save button at the bottom of the store settings page.
Your WooCommerce store is now integrated with ShippingEasy. Next, configure your Store Settings using our guide.