This article explains how to integrate ShippingEasy with your WooCommerce store using ShippingEasy's direct WooCommerce store integration.
ShippingEasy's legacy WooCommerce store integration is being deprecated.
Things to Check BEFORE configuring your WooCommerce store in ShippingEasy
ShippingEasy HIGHLY recommends configuring your WooCommerce website for SSL (i.e https connections) for both security and reliability reasons.
Are you running the minimum required versions of WooCommerce and WordPress?
We require WooCommerce version 3.0.x or higher and WordPress version 4.4 or higher.
To determine the version of WooCommerce you are running, log into your Wordpress site as an administrator, click on Plugins > Installed Plugins and then scroll to the WooCommerce plugin row - the version of WooCommerce will be located in the bottom right corner of the page.
To determine the version of WordPress you are running, log into your Wordpress site as an administrator, click on the WordPress W symbol in the upper left corner and then click About WordPress.
Is the WooCommerce REST API enabled for your store?
Visit the WooCommerce > Settings > Advanced > Legacy API and tick the Enable REST API checkbox.
Do you have SSL enabled for your store?
We highly recommend enabling and using SSL for your store (HTTPS), as non-SSL connections (HTTP) may or may not work.
- If you have SSL on your site make sure the URL is https://www.myshop.com instead of http://www.myshop.com.
- If your website is at https://www.example.com make sure you haven’t entered https://example.com as the URL.
Identify the full path to your WooCommerce store?
Sometimes the URL to the WooCommerce site is not the root URL for your website. The WooCommerce store URL that you enter into ShippingEasy should be the root URL to your WordPress installation. In most cases this will be something like http://www.myshop.com/. Sometimes the whole WordPress installation is installed in a subdirectory so the URL might be something like http://www.myshop.com/wp/ or http://www.myshop.com/wordpress/ .
Visit the WordPress dashboard Settings > General page and make sure that the WordPress Address URL matches WooCommerce Store URL you are using for your ShippingEasy WooCommerce store URL.
If everything checks out above, please choose one of the sections below to start integrating your WooCommerce store to your ShippingEasy account.
Choose which section of this guide best describes where you are starting from.
If you are setting up a ShippingEasy account for the first time
- When setting up a new ShippingEasy account, you will be directed to start adding orders by integrating a store. To being the store integration process, click on the button to Import from Store.
- Next, you will be immediately prompted for your WooCommerce URL after selecting WooCommerce from the Platform menu.
NOTE: The WooCommerce URL should be the same URL as specified in WordPress Address (URL) on the "Settings > General" page of your Wordpress dashboard. This will normally be your website URL, but will be different if you did not install WordPress to your website root directory.
- Select Continue.
- Continue with the steps below to grant ShippingEasy access to your store.
If you are connecting your WooCommerce store to an existing ShippingEasy account
- Navigate to the SETTINGS tab and click on the STORES & ORDERS page under the INTEGRATION section.
- Once there, click on the the + Add New button on the right side of the screen.
- From the Platform drop down menu, select WooCommerce. You will then see one additional field: Store URL.
- Copy and paste the URL for your WooCommerce store into the Store URL field.
Note: The WooCommerce URL should be the same URL as specified in WordPress Address (URL) on the "Settings > General" page of your Wordpress dashboard. This will normally be your website URL, but will be different if you did not install WordPress to your website root directory.
- Then click the Save button.
- On the next screen you will be prompted to enter your username and password for your WooCommerce store, so that ShippingEasy can connect to it and request necessary permissions. Enter your login credentials and click the Login button.
- After logging into your account, you'll be prompted to give ShippingEasy access to your store, which is necessary for managing your store orders. Click the Approve button.
- After ShippingEasy is granted access to your store, you'll be returned to your a store settings page in ShippingEasy where you can enter information about your store. Once your store information had been entered, click the Save button at the bottom of the store settings page.
Your WooCommerce store is now integrated with ShippingEasy. Learn more about using ShippingEasy with WooCommerce.