Easily tag individual SKUs using Product Tags to better organize your products and orders in the app!
Product tags are an attribute that can be assigned to an individual or multiple Product SKUs. In contrast to Product Categories, more than one tag can be applied to an individual SKU at a time. This allows you to take further action on SKUs with these tags in ShippingEasy, such as filtering to view products with a specific tag in Inventory, or using the tags in conjunction with Shipping Rules. Learn more about using Product Tags in Shipping Rules.
You can see which Product Tags (if any) are set for a specific SKU, by going to the PRODUCT DETAILS page for that SKU. Product Tags are listed on the right-hand side:
Add Product Tags to Individual Product SKUs
- Go to PRODUCTS the PRODUCT CATALOG from the drop-down.
- Locate the Product you wish to add a Product Tag to and click on the Product "Name".
- In the PRODUCT DETAILS page, click the Edit button in the upper right.
- Next to the Tag field, enter a descriptive Product Tag and then press the tab key on your keyboard.
Pressing the tab key will add your new Tag and allow you to add another.
Add up to 10 Product Tags, pressing the tab key after each entry.
- When finished, click the Save Product button.
That is it - Product Tag(s) have now been saved to your product!
Add Product Tags to Multiple Product SKUs via CSV File
- Create a CSV file that includes at least two columns: SKUs and Tags. We will update the existing product catalog with the Product Tags by matching the SKU. Learn more about available data fields or download an example CSV file.
Specify the tag(s) for each SKU in the Tags column. Each SKU can have up to 10 tags. Products that have more than one Product Tag, separate the tags with a '|' character. For example, if the tags for a SKU are "top-seller" and "non-fragile" use:
top-seller|non-fragileThe tags in the Tags column in the CSV file will override the existing tags on the SKU. Make sure that all tags you want to remain on the SKUs are present in the CSV file for each SKU.
- With your CSV file ready to go, go to PRODUCTS then PRODUCT CATALOG from the drop-down.
- On the PRODUCTS page, click the grey Add Products button and select Upload from .CSV.
- From the CSV file menu, click Browse. After selecting your file, click Upload file.
- On the "Upload CSV: Product Import" page, match your CSV fields "Source Column" to the "ShippingEasy Column". To add Product SKU's, only the SKU and Tags fields are required.
- When you are finished matching fields, click Continue.
- Your file will be displayed in the UPLOAD CUSTOMERS review page in the "Current Uploads" tab. Once the data has finished processing, a green READY button will appear. Click READY to review your uploaded file.
- In the Last Step, you will have the option to review the data. Edit any fields that require an additional update by clicking the field and an edit dialog will appear. Once all the data looks in order, click the Complete Upload button.
That is it - Product Tags are now saved to your products!