Yes! When selling on marketplaces like eBay and Amazon, it is common to create multiple listings for a single product. If you have multiple listings for the same product, then you can alias each listing to point to the one inventory record in ShippingEasy.
NOTE: ShippingEasy will only update one product listing per Product SKU. If you have multiple listings for the same product, on the same store, then each listing must be assigned a unique Product SKU.
Benefits to using SKU Aliases when products are sold under multiple listings, on the same store:
- Stock levels are updated across all aliased product listings when a sale is made on one listing.
- Improved reporting on your Product sales.
To configure SKU Aliases in ShippingEasy for related product listings:
- Each listing in your store should have a unique Product SKU.
- One of these Product SKUs should be designated as the master Product SKU and saved within ShippingEasy. Make a mental note of which is the master, or create a unique Product SKU that is dedicated to this purpose. Learn how to add new Product SKUs.
- Edit the master Product SKU and add each of the listing Product SKUs as a SKU Alias. This will cross reference all of the Product SKUs to each other. Learn how to set up SKU Aliases.