FedEx allows you to process Electronic Trade Documents (ETDs) to make international shipping easier, however, not all destinations accept these electronic submissions. FedEx keeps a list of all destinations that accept ETDs.
If you are trying to ship to a destination that does not allow for this and you have this option selected in your FedEx settings, it will need to be turned off to generate your label.
The error message on READY TO PRINT will read:
MESSAGE FROM FEDEX: Electronic Trade Documents are not allowed.
Follow these steps to turn off and then turn on your ETDs.
- Go ONE BALANCE AND CARRIERS from anywhere in the ShippingEasy app:
- Select Manage account next to the FedEx integration.
- Unselect the option to Send Electronic Trade Documents (ETD) and select Save
- On the READY TO PRINT page, select the failed label and click Retry.
- Clear the order from READY TO SHIP to get it back to the orders page to reset that page with your new settings.
- Re-add the label to READY TO SHIP and purchase. You will need to print your Customs Form documents separately to a PDF following our guide.
- Re-apply your settings by going to Settings>Stores & Orders>FedEx>Manage Account and checking the box next to Send Electronic Trade Documents (ETD)?