The PRODUCT DETAILS page in ShippingEasy allows you to review and edit your individual products.
Navigate to the PRODUCT DETAILS page by clicking on the Product SKU from the PRODUCTS Page.
Once on the PRODUCT DETAILS page, you will see identification and stock information about your product.
- Track Inventory: Give permission to ShippingEasy to track your inventory as orders are received. Can be turned on or off. Learn more about inventory tracking.
- Send Inventory Updates to Stores: Give permission to ShippingEasy to send inventory updates to your store(s). Can be turned on or off. Learn more about updating stock to your stores.
- Item Name: Name of the product, along with any descriptors you have included. Learn how to change item names.
- SKU: "Stock keeping unit" that you use to identify the product. SKUs cannot be changed.
- SKU Alias: Additional SKU assigned to the product to help differentiate similar products being sold on separate stores. Learn how to set up SKU aliases.
- Total Stock: Count of how many are in stock, which includes available to ship, committed and awaiting shipment. Learn more about stock levels.
- Total Available: Count of amount of stock you have on hand to sell.
- Send to Store: Option to send your current stock level for this product to your store, on demand. Learn more about sending stock levels to your store.
- Add SKU Alias: Option to add a SKU alias to your product, without having to go into the Edit screen. Learn more about adding SKU aliases.
- Edit: Change the product specific details, as shown on the "Details" tab. Learn how to edit product details.
- Stock History: A yellow indicator means that there has never been a Stock value entered for the product in ShippingEasy. If a product has this indicator, stock updates to your stores are halted until a valid Stock value has been entered. Learn more about stock history.
Additional Product Information
There are six more tabs that give you details about each Product SKU:
- Stock: Displays stock levels across various states of shipping.
- Details: Gives a quick view of more characteristics about the product your are viewing, including international Shipment, barcode information and bundle products details.
- Suppliers: View current assigned supplier details and assign a new supplier to the product SKU.
- Forecasting: See data related to the sales velocity of the product and to help determine when to replenish inventory.
- History: View timestamps and descriptions of changes to stock levels, including whether the change was positive or negative to the quantity.
- Stores: Shows which of your stores are linked to the product SKU, as well as the product recommendation URL and last store updates.
Each of these tabs are explained in detail within the sections below.
- Stock: The total amount of stock you have on hand. This is the available stock and committed stock counted together. Learn more about stock levels.
- Available: The total amount of stock you have on-hand to sell.
- Committed: The total amount of stock you have earmarked to orders that have not yet been shipped.
- Awaiting: The total amount of stock you have ordered, but not yet received from your supplier(s).
- Threshold: A stock level meant to trigger an alert, notifying you when a product has reach a certain limit and needs to be replenished or made unavailable. Learn how to set up low stock alerts.
- Safety: Amount of stock you always want to have on hand, to add a buffer in the event you oversell a product. Learn how to set up safety stock.
- Product Variants: the stock information for the different styles of the parent SKU. Table only shown if variants have been configured for the product.
- Bundled Products: the stock information for the different components included in a bundled product. Table only shown if the SKU is a bundled product.
- UPC: The Universal Product Code (UPC) of the product.
- ISBN: The International Standard Book Number (ISBN) of the product. Learn more about ISBNs.
- ASIN: The Amazon Standard Identification Number (ASIN) of the product. Learn more about ASINs.
- Category: Used to organize products. Also used within Shipping Rules and Customs Forms. Each product can belong to only one Product Category. Product Categories must be saved to ShippingEasy before they can be mapped to Products. Learn more about Product Categories.
- Warehouse Bin: Current location of the product in your warehouse. Edits on the SKU in the Product Catalog will then update the warehouse bin for all orders that contain the SKU. Discover ways to edit product details.
- Length (in.): Measurement of the longest side of the product. Units in inches.
- Width (in.): Measurement of the shorted side of the product. Units in inches.
- Height (in.): Measurement of the height of the product. Units in inches.
- Weight (oz.): Unit weight in ounces.
- Handling Time: The number of business days between receiving an order for a product and shipping the product. Learn more about handling time.
- Tags: Used to assign attributes to products. Learn more about Product Tags.
- Attributes: The variant types associated with the product. Ex: Color. Learn how to add attributes.
- Safety Stock: The amount of stock you always want to have on hand. Learn more about setting this amount.
- Max Available Quantity: The highest stock level you want sent to your stores regardless of how much Available stock you actually have on hand. Learn how to set up maximum available quantity.
- Low Stock Threshold: amount of stock available that will trigger an alert to restock. Learn more about Low Stock Alerts.
- Lead Time: The number of days between when your supplier receives your purchase order and the inventory is delivered to you. Learn how to set up lead time.
- Wholesale Price: The cost of the product to the manufacturer. Units is US dollars.
- Declared value: Value to declare on international shipment customs forms. Units in US dollars.
- Harmonized code: Standard WCO tariff code for international forms. Learn more about harmonized codes.
- Country of Manufacture: Country where the product was manufactured; used for international shipment customs forms.
- Product Status: Used to indicate whether your products are Active or Inactive. Specify a value of Active or Inactive. Learn more about inactive products.
- Track Inventory: ShippingEasy can track stock levels in your Product Catalog based on received, committed and shipped inventory.
- Send Stock Updates to Store: ShippingEasy can update current stock levels back to your store. Learn how to enable inventory updates for your store.
- Override Store Name: Option to override the product names from the Order data with the item name from the Product Catalog. The override name is visible within ShippingEasy and on printed documents. Learn more about overriding product names.
- Supplier: The company or person(s) you order the product from.
- Contact: Contact information for Supplier. Learn how to edit a supplier.
- Supplier SKU: The SKU assigned by your supplier to identify product when reordering.
- Unit Cost: Cost per unit of a product for a specific supplier. Cost will auto-populate on Purchase Orders for this supplier.
- Purchase Order: An order submitted to your supplier to re-order your products and increase your stock.
- Default Sales History: The number of days in the past used to predict future sales. By default, Default Sales History is set to 7 Days.
- Default Forecast Period: The future time period used to forecast sales and make replenishment recommendations. By default, Default Forecast Period is set to 7 Days.
- Velocity: Units sold per day.
- Stockout: The number of days until Available inventory reaches zero, based on the current velocity.
- Days to Reorder: The number of days before the merchant must order new stock to avoid running out of Available inventory, based on the current velocity.
- Inventory Settings: A page where you can configure your preferred global inventory settings, including Default Sales History and Default Forecast Period. Learn more about the Inventory Settings page.
- + | - : Amount stock level that changed since last update.
- Change Activity: The type of activity that resulted in a stock change - Available, Committed, Sold or Revert.
- Change Description: Details of the stock change - Override, Add, or Subtract. Will also include a reason if available.
- Timestamp: Time and date when the stock change took place.
- Store Type: List of store platforms where the product is listed. For products that are linked to 2 or more stores, only active stores will show here.
- Store Name: Name of store where the product is listed.
- SKU: Parent SKU of product.
- Product Recommendation URL: If the product recommendation feature is available for the store type, the product URL is displayed here. This column is displayed if you have subscribed to Customer Marketing, or both Inventory Management and Customer Marketing. The product listing URL can be utilized for Email Campaigns in Customer Marketing. Learn more about product recommendations.
- Link Status: Displays a value of Active, Inactive, or Unlinked to reflect the status of the link between the product in ShippingEasy and your store. This will match what appears on the Linked Stores Report. Learn more about the Linked Stores Report.