Shipping carriers routinely update their products, adding or removing features and services, as well as adjusting rates. These changes usually occur at the start of the year. For 2017, all major carriers announced rate and service changes.
ShippingEasy understands the importance of staying up to date with changes regarding rates and new or updated policies and procedures with each carrier, so we made it super simple to find that information.
All rate change information is sited from FedEx.com. Click here to see FedEx’ complete rate change notes.
Here is a brief summary of what's changing for ShippingEasy subscribers who have connected their FedEx account with ShippingEasy:
Effective January 2, 2017:
- Dimensional weight will be calculated with a new formula. This affects all shipments within the U.S. and FedEx Express shipments between the U.S. and Puerto Rico. Dimensional weight is calculated by multiplying the length by width by height of each package in inches and dividing the total by 139, not by the previous 166.
For FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments within the U.S., retail rates will be modified to include:
- Residential delivery charges
- Delivery area surcharge (residential)
- Delivery area surcharge (commercial)
- Fuel surcharge
- Delivery area surcharge (extended residential) will be reduced to $3.75 per package.
- Delivery area surcharge (extended commercial) will be reduced to $1.50 per package.
Delivery area surcharges for Alaska Commercial, Alaska Residential, Hawaii Commercial, Hawaii Residential, Intra-Hawaii Commercial and Intra-Hawaii Residential will continue to apply at the same rate applicable to FedEx Standard List Rates.
Effective February 6, 2017:
The fuel surcharge percentage for FedEx Express and FedEx Ground shipment will be subject to weekly adjustment. Until then, the fuel surcharges will continue to be adjusted on a monthly basis.
All Carrier Announcements
USPS announces rate and service changes on Jan 22nd, 2017
How to: Connect a FedEx account with ShippingEasy
How do I get billed for Fedex postage printed in ShippingEasy?
How do I contact FedEx?