ShippingEasy's Customer Marketing solution is a great way to keep track of and stay in touch with your customers. Learn more about Customer Marketing.
As ShippingEasy identifies new buyers from your orders, they will be automatically saved to your CUSTOMERS page. If you also have past or potential buyers you wish to email, those can be added by uploading them via CSV file.
How to: Prepare a Customer Marketing CSV file for upload to ShippingEasy
We recommend you open and review the file in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers for Mac, or LibreOffice Calc. This way you can check that you have all the required data and make any necessary edits.
TIP: if you're new to CSV files, check out these articles.
Keep in mind that each Customer record must include the Customer Name and Email address in order to be included in your Customer Marketing list.
These articles will help you prepare your file:
- CSV Customer Marketing Upload: Sample CSV file
- CSV Customer Marketing Upload: Column mapping - required fields & explanations
- How to: Check CSV uploads for duplicates and delete them
- How to: Merge multiple columns of data in Excel without losing any data
Once the spreadsheet is complete, don't forget to save it in CSV format. Learn more.
How to: Upload a CSV file of Customer contacts to your Customer Marketing list
Once your CSV file is ready to go, it's time to upload it to ShippingEasy.
- Click on the MARKETING tab in the blue navigation menu bar, and select CONTACTS from the drop down menu.
- Click the Add Customers button at the top of the page.
- Click the Upload Customers (.csv) entry.
- Click Browse to locate the CSV file on your computer.
NOTE: the file must be a CSV (e.g. "addresses.csv") and no larger than 3MB.
- Choose the file and select Open.
- Click the Upload Customers button.
- The next page will ask you to match your CSV fields (source columns), to the ShippingEasy fields. Select a field from each drop down menu in the "Source Column" that best matches the field in the "ShippingEasy Column". Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*). You can then match as many fields as desired to help you identify and segment customers. The fields include:
- * Name (Full Name)
- * First Name (Only required if Full Name is not specified)
- * Last Name (Only required if Full Name is not specified)
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- State/Province (Abbreviations must be UPPERCASE letters only)
- Country (If country is not specified, we will automatically assign United States)
- Zip Code
- * Email (Required for Customer Marketing)
- Phone Number
NOTE: if you would like to skip this step, check the box to Skip Address Verification.
- Remove the line:
Remove any address from the upload by clicking the on the right end of each row.
- Skip Address Verification for individual addresses:
Check the box under Skip Address Verification.
NOTE: if you opt out of verification for individual addresses, you will not be prompted to correct the address later, when shipping to that address. Shipping to an address that cannot be verified assumes risk of non-delivery.
- Skip Address Verification for all addresses:
If you did not elect to skip address verification using the tick-box at the bottom of the field matching page, and you would now like to skip validation for all addresses, click the link to Reprocess & Skip Verification. This will take you back to the UPLOAD CUSTOMERS page where you will see the green READY button again.
NOTE: If you choose to skip verification for all addresses, and later use these addresses to create manual orders, you will still be alerted to the unverified addresses in the app. Learn more about address alerts.
If you skip validation individually, you will no longer see the red alert triangle in the app (as you already chose once).
The contact information will now be available in ShippingEasy.
- If you included email address information, the customer will be added to the CUSTOMERS page.
- If you included the address information, it will appear on the CUSTOMER ADDRESSES page.