ShippingEasy's Customer Marketing solution is a great way to organize and stay in touch with your customers.
As ShippingEasy identifies new buyers from your orders, they will be automatically saved to your CONTACTS page. If you also have past or potential buyers you wish to email, those can be added by uploading them via CSV file.
Preparing a Customer Marketing CSV file for upload to ShippingEasy
We recommend you open and review the file in a spreadsheet program, such as Microsoft Excel, Numbers for Mac, or LibreOffice Calc. This way you can check that you have all the required data and make any necessary edits.
If you are new to CSV files, these articles will help you prepare your file:
Keep in mind that each Customer record must include the Customer Name and Email address in order to be included in your Customer Marketing list.
Once the spreadsheet is complete, do not forget to save it in CSV format.
Uploading a CSV file of contacts to your Customer Marketing list
Once your CSV file is ready to go, it's time to upload it to ShippingEasy.
- Click on the MARKETING in the blue menu bar in your app, and select CONTACTS from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the +Add Customers button at the top of the page and select Upload Contacts (.csv).
- Select Browse to locate the CSV file on your computer.
The file must be a CSV (e.g. "addresses.csv") and no larger than 3MB.
- Choose the file and select Open.
- Click the UploadCustomers button.
- The next page will ask you to match your CSV fields (source columns), to the ShippingEasy fields. Select a field from each drop-down menu in the "Source Column" that best matches the field in the "ShippingEasy Column". Required fields are indicated by an asterisk (*). You can then match as many fields as desired to help you identify and segment customers. The fields include:
- *Name (Full Name)
- *First Name (Only required if Full Name is not specified)
- *Last Name (Only required if Full Name is not specified)
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- State/Province (Abbreviations must be UPPERCASE letters only)
- Country (If country is not specified, we will automatically assign the United States)
- Zip Code
- * Email (Required for Customer Marketing)
- Phone Number
- Remove the line:
Remove any address from the upload by clicking the on the right end of each row.
- Skip Address Verification for individual addresses:
Check the box under Skip Address Verification.If you opt-out of verification for individual addresses, you will not be prompted to correct the address later, when shipping to that address. Shipping to an address that cannot be verified assumes the risk of non-delivery.
- Skip Address Verification for all addresses:
If you did not elect to skip address verification using the tick-box at the bottom of the field matching page, and you would now like to skip validation for all addresses, click the link to Reprocess & Skip Verification. This will take you back to the UPLOAD CUSTOMERS page where you will see the green READY button again.If you choose to skip verification for all addresses, and later use these addresses to create manual orders, you will still be alerted to the unverified addresses in the app. Learn more about address alerts. If you skip validation individually, you will no longer see the red alert triangle in the app (as you already chose once).
The contact information will now be available in ShippingEasy.
- If you included email address information, the customer will be added to the CONTACTS page.
- If you included the address information, it will appear on the CUSTOMER ADDRESSES page.